Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.3
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
- Practice Planning a Historical Narrative: The Wheelwright In this lesson students learn to plan a historical fiction narrative as a class through a shared writing experience with the wheelwright.
- Planning Ideas: Developing a Colonial Character Profile In this lesson students use their research from Units 1 and 2 to create a character profile for their performance task narrative.
- Preparing to Write Historical Fiction: Determining Characteristics of the Genre This lesson begins with an activity in which students deduce how to title the Elements of Fiction chart. Therefore,...
- CULMINATING PROJECT: RESEARCH-BASED NARRATIVE ABOUT AN EVENT IN COLONIAL AMERICA In Unit 3, students continue building their research skills as they deepen their knowledge about colonial life,...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Interdependent Roles in Colonial Times Students learn about what life was like in Colonial America. They go on to study the many roles people...