Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.4.9
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- Unit 2: Writing to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students apply what they have learned in Unit 1 to further explore poetry through writing. Students begin the unit with a shared writing experience...
- Unit 1: Reading to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students read the first half of the novel Love That Dog by Sharon Creech, as well as poems by authors such as William Carlos Williams, Robert Frost...
- Unit 3 expands on the conversation around symbolism and culture begun in Unit 1 to incorporate global perspectives. Students listen to, view, and close read informational texts regarding the...
- In the second unit, students read an informational text to deepen their knowledge of the Haudenosaunee with a focus on determining main ideas and supporting details, notetaking, using context clues...
- In Unit 2 students read the extended science text Simple Machines: Forces in Action by Buffy Silverman (870L) to learn about simple machines while also examining the structure and text features of...
- In this unit, students will be introduced to their performance task for this module, a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about the importance of voting. This unit connects students’ study of the...
- In Unit 2, students read The Hope Chest by Karen Schwabach. This novel is a piece of historical fiction set in 1920 during the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women in the United States the...
- In the third unit, students apply what they have learned about the American Revolution and perspectives in order to complete their performance task, a broadside convincing someone to be a Patriot.
- CULMINATING PROJECT: RESEARCH-BASED NARRATIVE ABOUT AN EVENT IN COLONIAL AMERICA In Unit 3, students continue building their research skills as they deepen their knowledge about colonial life,...
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LIFE IN COLONIAL AMERICA In this unit, students learn to answer inferential and literal questions as they build their background knowledge about what life was like in...