Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.4.9
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: LIFE IN COLONIAL AMERICA In this unit, students learn to answer inferential and literal questions as they build their background knowledge about what life was like in...
- CULMINATING PROJECT: RESEARCH-BASED NARRATIVE ABOUT AN EVENT IN COLONIAL AMERICA In Unit 3, students continue building their research skills as they deepen their knowledge about colonial life,...
- In the third unit, students apply what they have learned about the American Revolution and perspectives in order to complete their performance task, a broadside convincing someone to be a Patriot.
- In Unit 2, students read The Hope Chest by Karen Schwabach. This novel is a piece of historical fiction set in 1920 during the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women in the United States the...
- In this unit, students will be introduced to their performance task for this module, a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about the importance of voting. This unit connects students’ study of the...
- In Unit 2 students read the extended science text Simple Machines: Forces in Action by Buffy Silverman (870L) to learn about simple machines while also examining the structure and text features of...
- In the second unit, students read an informational text to deepen their knowledge of the Haudenosaunee with a focus on determining main ideas and supporting details, notetaking, using context clues...
- Unit 3 expands on the conversation around symbolism and culture begun in Unit 1 to incorporate global perspectives. Students listen to, view, and close read informational texts regarding the...
- Unit 1: Reading to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students read the first half of the novel Love That Dog by Sharon Creech, as well as poems by authors such as William Carlos Williams, Robert Frost...
- Unit 2: Writing to Learn about Poetry In this unit, students apply what they have learned in Unit 1 to further explore poetry through writing. Students begin the unit with a shared writing experience...