Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.5.1
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- In this unit, students choose to research about either Roberto Clemente or Althea Gibson: two respected American sports figures. Students will develop their understanding of the cultural context in...
- In the second unit of this module, students will complete a close read of the book Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America, by Sharon Robinson. As the author (Jackie Robinson’s daughter...
- In this brief unit, students will build their background knowledge about the importance of sports within the American culture over time. They will read two informational articles: “It’s Not Just a...
- In this unit, students begin to build background knowledge about the process of scientific inquiry and how new or improved technologies are developed to meet the needs of society.
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: HOW SCIENTISTS COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE LIVING THINGS OF THE RAINFOREST In this first unit, students will explore the question: “What is unique about living things in the...