Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.5.7
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Conduct short research projects that use several sources to build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- In this unit, students choose to research about either Roberto Clemente or Althea Gibson: two respected American sports figures. Students will develop their understanding of the cultural context in...
- In this third unit, students will return to the genre of the graphic novel, reviewing the elements that make this type of work uniquely suited to conveying an author’s complex ideas in an engaging...
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...