Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.5.7
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Conduct short research projects that use several sources to build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Inventions That Changed People’s Lives In this eight-week module, students learn about new or improved technologies that have been developed to...
- Researching about the Red Cross, Continued: How Did the Red Cross Aid Haiti After the 2010 Earthquake?
- This lesson introduces students to two new athletes, Althea Gibson and Roberto Clemente. After participating in a Gallery Walk, sharing “notices” and “wonders” about each athlete, and summarizing the...
- In this lesson students continue to build research skills by learning how to quote text directly, paraphrase, and sort and categorize the information in their notes.
- This module begins with a brief study of the importance of sports in American culture over time. The heart of this module is a whole class study of the short but challenging biography Promises to...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...