Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.5.8
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Recall relevant information from experiences or gather relevant information from print and digital sources; summarize or paraphrase information in notes and finished work, and provide a list of sources.
- SYNTHESIZING INFORMATION: LIVING THINGS IN THE RAINFOREST In this lesson, students reread several texts that they have seen in other lessons. Be sure that students have access to the texts read in...
- Researching to Build Knowledge and Teaching Others: Biodiversity in Rainforests of the Western Hemisphere This module—intended to be used in conjunction with a Social Studies unit about Latin America...
- IDENTIFYING THEME: CONNECTING PASSAGES FROM ESPERANZA RISING TO HUMAN RIGHTS This lesson begins the first series of writing lessons in this module. Emphasize to students that writing is more than...
- READERS THEATER AND THE UDHR Students spent all of Unit 2 reading Esperanza Rising, “first draft reading” of all chapters for homework, and more careful study of specific passages from each chapter...