Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.5.9
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- In the second unit of this module, students will complete a close read of the book Promises to Keep: How Jackie Robinson Changed America, by Sharon Robinson. As the author (Jackie Robinson’s daughter...
- In this brief unit, students will build their background knowledge about the importance of sports within the American culture over time. They will read two informational articles: “It’s Not Just a...
- In this unit, students begin to build background knowledge about the process of scientific inquiry and how new or improved technologies are developed to meet the needs of society.
- READING AND WRITING LIKE A SCIENTIST: OBSERVING NATURE, CONDUCTING RESEARCH, AND CREATING A FIELD JOURNAL ENTRY In this third unit, students will focus on the literacy skills that scientists need to...
- CASE STUDY: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOF IN THE WORLD AND THE WORK OF RAINFOREST SCIENTIST MEG LOWMAN In this unit students will continue to build new reading skills and learn about the process scientists...
- UNIT 3, CULMINATING PROJECT: READERS THEATER: ESPERANZA RISING, FROM NOVEL TO SCRIPT In this third unit, students will continue to apply what they have learned about human rights by creating scripts...
- CASE STUDY: ESPERANZA’S STORY In this second unit, students will apply their new learning about human rights through a case study of how a fictional character responds to human rights challenges....
- BUILDING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE ON HUMAN RIGHTS What are human rights? Why do we have them and how are they protected? This unit is designed to help students build knowledge about these questions while...