Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.7.3
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
- The Performance Task: The Children’s Book Final Draft
- End of Unit Assessment and Independent Reading Review
- Writing the Children’s Book: Day Three
- Writing the Children’s Book: Day Two
- Writing the Children’s Book: Day One
- Mid-Unit Assessment Part 2: Beginning the Writer’s Workshop
- Preparing for the Mid-Unit Assessment: Planning the Children’s Book
- Discussing and Identifying Themes: What Makes a Good Children’s Book?
- Introducing the Performance Task: The Children’s Book
- In this lesson students read a model poem focusing on how the author of the poem used evidence.
- In this assessment students plan their two-voice poem.
- In this lesson students gather textual evidence from both the novel and information text to begin preparing for their two-voice poems.
- In this lesson students are introduced to their performance task for the module, a two voice poem, in order to give the teacher time to give students feedback on their literary analysis essays.
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...