Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.7.4
- Production and Distribution of Writing
- State Standard:
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1–3 above.)
- Overview These English Language Arts/Literacy Units empower students with critical reading and writing skills at the heart of the Common Core: analyzing and writing evidence-based arguments. This...
- Overview This English Language Arts /Literacy Unit empower students with a critical reading and writing skill at the heart of the Common Core: Reading complex texts closely to analyze textual...
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- Overview Making Evidence-Based Claims ELA/Literacy Units empower students with a critical reading and writing skill at the heart of the Common Core: making evidence-based claims about complex texts...
- Writing an Analysis Essay: Introducing the Writing Prompt and the Model Essay
- End of Unit 2 Assessment Writing the Analysis Essay Part 1
- End of Unit 2 Assessment Writing the Analysis Essay Part 2
- Analyzing the Central Ideas, Part 2: “The Border”
- In this lesson, students analyze the model argument essay in more depth than they did in Lesson 13. Students focus on the model essay in this lesson because, unlike with narrative writing, students...
- In this lesson, students use the evidence gathered in the previous lesson to respond to a constructed-response question independently for an End of Unit graded Assessment.
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...