Search Within Results
Common Core: ELA
CCLS - ELA: W.7.8
- Research to Build and Present Knowledge
- State Standard:
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation.
- This is the first lesson in a full unit arc that scaffolds background knowledge, research skills, and note-taking toward a final written argument in which students will present a position on whether...
- End of Unit Assessment: Research Synthesis
- Individual Research
- Mid-Unit Assessment and Independent Reading Check-In
- Deepening Your Research: The Effect of Advertising on Gender Roles
- Research: Paraphrasing Relevant Information
- Overview The Researching to Deepen Understanding units lay out an inquiry process through which students learn how to deepen their understanding of topics. Students pose and refine inquiry questions...
- Working with Evidence: Working Conditions Then and Now In this module, students explore the issue of working conditions, both historical and modern day. As they read and discuss both literary and...
- In this 8 eight-week module, students explore the experiences of people of Southern Sudan during and after the Second Sudanese Civil War. They build proficiency in using textual evidence to support...