Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - ELA: W.9-10.1.d
- Text Types and Purposes
- State Standard:
- Establish and maintain a formal style and objective tone while attending to the norms and conventions of the discipline in which they are writing.
- In this End-of-Unit Assessment, students craft a formal, multi-paragraph essay presenting an argument in response to the question of which character bears the most responsibility for the tragedy of...
- Students prepare for their End-of-Unit written and oral assessments by considering Macbeth in its entirety and beginning to form an argument in response to the question of which character bears...
- Students develop these close reading skills as they examine Shakespeare’s Macbeth. They also continue to develop their oral presentation and argument writing skills through a series of activities...
- In this module, students read, discuss, and analyze nonfiction and dramatic texts, focusing on how the authors convey and develop central ideas concerning imbalance, disorder, tragedy, mortality, and...
- In this last lesson of the unit, students work in class to finalize their research-based argument papers (End-of-Unit Assessments), editing, polishing, and rewriting as necessary. Students are...
- Students participate in a peer review activity during which they offer constructive feedback to their classmates about their entire research-based argument papers. Students review their peers’ papers...
- Students learn how to revise for formal tone and conventions in argument writing. Additionally, students continue to analyze and revise their claims and counterclaims fairly. After receiving...
- Students learn how to identify and use formal style and objective tone when writing their research-based argument papers. After receiving instruction on formal style and objective tone, students use...
- In this unit, students engage in the writing process with the goal of synthesizing and articulating their research into argument writing. The end product of this unit is a final draft of a research-...
- "In this lesson, students work in class to complete their finalargument essays for their End-of-Unit Assessment. Students call upon the conventions and strategies they have learned over the course of...
- "In this lesson, students review how to use formal style and objective tone in their argument writing.After revisiting the conventions of formal style an d objective tone established in 9.3.3,...
- Grade 9 ELA Module 4 is a one-unit module. Please refer to the Grade 9 ELA Module 4 overview page.