Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: A.APR.3
- Arithmetic With Polynomials And Rational Expressions
- Understand The Relationship Between Zeros And Factors Of Polynomials
- State Standard:
- Identify zeros of polynomials when suitable factorizations are available, and use the zeros to construct a rough graph of the function defined by the polynomial.
- Student Outcomes Students model a cross-section of a riverbed with a polynomial function and estimate fluid flow with their algebraic model.
- Student Outcomes Students learn to fit polynomial functions to data values.
- Student Outcomes Students graph polynomial functions and describe end behavior based upon the degree of the polynomial.
- Student Outcomes Students will use the factored forms of polynomials to find zeros of a function. Students will use the factored forms of polynomials to sketch the components of graphs between zeros.
- Student Outcomes Students will use the structure of polynomials to identify factors.
- Student Outcomes Students will factor certain forms of polynomial expressions by using the structure of the polynomials.
- This topic focuses on factoring polynomials and the advantages of factored form of a polynomial to both solve equations and sketch graphs of polynomial functions. Students solve problems involving...
- Students apply their experiences from Topic A as they transform quadratic functions from standard form to vertex form, (x) = a(x - h)2 + k in Topic B. The strategy known as completing the square is...
- Student Outcomes Students rewrite quadratic expressions given in standard form, ax2 + bx + c (with a ≠ 1), as equivalent expressions in completed square form, a(x - h)2 + k. They build quadratic...
- Student Outcomes Students use the factored form of a quadratic equation to construct a rough graph, use the graph of a quadratic equation to construct a quadratic equation in factored form, and...
- Algebra I Module 4: Polynomial and Quadratic Expressions, Equations, and Functions In earlier modules, students analyze the process of solving equations and developing fluency in writing,...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...