Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.LE.4
- Linear, Quadratic, And Exponential Models★
- Construct And Compare Linear, Quadratic, And Exponential Models And Solve Problems
- State Standard:
- For exponential models, express as a logarithm the solution to abct =dwherea,c,anddarenumbersandthebasebis2,10,ore; evaluate the logarithm using technology.
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...
- Student Outcomes Students solve simple exponential equations numerically.
- At the beginning of Topic B, students apply the properties of exponents to solve exponential equations numerically (F-BF.1a) as a way to motivate the need for logarithms, which are first introduced...
- In Topic C, students graph logarithmic functions, identifying key features (F-IF.4, F-IF.7) and discover how the logarithmic properties are evidenced in the graphs of corresponding logarithmic...
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...
- Student Outcomes Students will understand that the logarithm function base b and the exponential function base b are inverse functions.
- Student Outcomes Students apply properties of logarithms to solve exponential equations. Students relate solutions to f(x) = g(x) to the intersection point(s) on the graphs of y = f(x) and y = g(x)...
- Student Outcomes Students create exponential functions to model real-world situations. Students use logarithms to solve equations of the form f(t) = a ∙ bct for t. Students decide which type of model...
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of exponential and logarithmic functions and transformations of functions to a contextual situation.