Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: F.TF.3
- Trigonometric Functions
- Extend The Domain Of Trigonometric Functions Using The Unit Circle
- State Standard:
- (+) Use special triangles to determine geometrically the values of sine, cosine, tangent for π/3, π/4 and π/6, and use the unit circle to express the values of sine, cosine, and tangent for π–x, π+x, and 2π–x in terms of their values for x, where x is any real number.
- Student Outcomes Students use the general multiplication rule to calculate the probability of the intersection of two events. Students interpret probabilities in context.
- In this topic, students extend their understanding of probability, building on work from Grade 11. The multiplication rule for independent events introduced in Grade 11 is generalized to a rule that...
- Student Outcomes Students determine the values of the sine, cosine, and tangent functions for rotations of π/3, π/4, and π/6 radians. Students use the unit circle to express the values of the sine,...
- Topic A helps students recall how to use special triangles positioned within the unit circle to determine geometrically the values of sine, cosine, and tangent at special angles. The unit circle is...
- This module revisits trigonometry that was introduced in Geometry and Algebra II, uniting and further expanding the ideas of right triangle trigonometry and the unit circle. New tools are introduced...
- Student Outcomes Students observe identities from graphs of sine and cosine basic trigonometric identities and relate those identities to periodicity, even and odd properties, intercepts, end...
- Student Outcomes Students will define sine and cosine as functions for all real numbers measured in degrees. Students will evaluate the sine and cosine functions at multiples of 30 and 45.
- Student Outcomes Students will define sine and cosine as functions for degrees of rotation of the ray formed by the positive -axis up to one full turn. Students use special triangles to geometrically...