Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.10
- Prove Geometric Theorems
- State Standard:
- Prove theorems about triangles. Theorems include: measures of interior angles of a triangle sum to 180°; base angles of isosceles triangles are congruent; the segment joining midpoints of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and half the length; the medians of a triangle meet at a point.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- The module closes with a return to constructions in Topic E (G.CO.13).
- Student Outcomes Students review the principles addressed in Module 1.
- Student Outcomes Students examine the basic geometric assumptions from which all other facts can be derived. Students review the principles addressed in Module 1.
- Student Outcomes Students examine the relationships created by special lines in triangles, namely medians.
- Student Outcomes Students examine the relationships created by special lines in triangles, namely mid-segments.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...