Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.CO.11
- Prove Geometric Theorems
- State Standard:
- Prove theorems about parallelograms. Theorems include: opposite sides are congruent, opposite angles are congruent, the diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other, and conversely, rectangles are parallelograms with congruent diagonals.
- In Topic G, students review material covered throughout the module. Additionally, students discuss the structure of geometry as an axiomatic system.
- The module closes with a return to constructions in Topic E (G.CO.13).
- Student Outcomes Students review the principles addressed in Module 1.
- Student Outcomes Students complete proofs that incorporate properties of parallelograms.
- Geometry Module 1: Congruence, Proof, and Constructions Module 1 embodies critical changes in Geometry as outlined by the Common Core. The heart of the module is the study of transformations and the...