Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: G.MG.3
- Modeling With Geometry
- Apply Geometric Concepts In Modeling Situations
- State Standard:
- Apply geometric methods to solve design problems (e.g., designing an object or structure to satisfy physical constraints or minimize cost; working with typographic grid systems based on ratios).★
- Student Outcomes Visualize cross-sections of three-dimensional objects. Have an understanding of how a 3D printer works and its relation to Cavalieri’s principle.
- Student Outcomes Students give an informal argument using Cavalieri’s principle for the volume formula of a sphere and use thevolume formula to derive a formula for the surface area of a sphere.
- Student Outcomes Students use Cavalieri’s principle and the cone cross section theorem to show that a general pyramid or cone has volume 1/3Bh where B is the area of the base and h is the height by...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that given similar solids A and B so that the ratio of their lengths is a:b, then the ratio of their volumes is a3:b3. Students understand that if a solid with...
- Students study the basic properties of two-dimensional and three-dimensional space, noting how ideas shift between the dimensions. They learn that general cylinders are the parent category for...
- Student Outcomes Students create scale drawings of polygonal figures by the Ratio Method. Given a figure and a scale drawing from the Ratio Method, students answer questions about the scale factor...
- Students revisit what scale drawings are and discover two systematic methods of how to create them using dilations. The comparison of the two methods yield the Triangle Side Splitter Theorem and the...
- Geometry Module 3: Extending to Three Dimensions Module 3, Extending to Three Dimensions, builds on students’ understanding of congruence in Module 1 and similarity in Module 2 to prove volume...