Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: K.OA.3
- Operations And Algebraic Thinking
- Understand Addition As Putting Together And Adding To, And Under- Stand Subtraction As Taking Apart And Taking From.
- State Standard:
- Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
- Topic G provides additional practice with formal subtraction concepts, including writing and solving number sentences with totals of 9 or 10. Lesson 33 moves quickly through concrete and pictorial...
- Topic E expands student exploration of numerical relationships to include 9 and 10. Returning to work with number bonds after introducing addition and subtraction provides students with a reminder...
- Topic D introduces formal subtraction concepts including writing and solving expressions and equations. Lesson 19 begins at the concrete level with students acting out take away stories and working...
- Topic B carries forward the work of Topic A, building students’ skill with number pairs for 6, 7, and 8, which is cultivated and maintained throughout Topics B and C during Fluency Practice. In the...
- In Module 1, students found embedded numbers and experienced decomposition by finding hidden partners. Topic A formally teaches composition and decomposition using number bonds as students explore...
- Building on the knowledge of Topic B where the students practiced one-to-one counting of objects in a category they transition to answer how many questions of objects and dots in linear, array,...