Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: PK.CC.2
- Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and the count sequence.
- State Standard:
- Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0 – 5 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic D: Match 1 Numeral with up to 3 Objects The important work of Topic D involves students answering how many questions for groups of up to 3, finding the matching...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic F: Match 1 Numeral with up to 5 Objects Topic F has students answering how many questions for groups of up to 5, finding the matching numeral, and making groups....
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic G: One More with Numbers 1 to 5 In Topic G, children build an understanding of consecutive numbers by discovering that each successive number name refers to a...
- Grade PreKindergarten Module 1 Topic H: Counting 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 In Topic G, students recognized the pattern of 1 more within the counting sequence by building number stairs. In Topic H, students use...
- Children have been working with the numerals 1-5 since Module 1 and the number 0 since Module 3. Throughout the year, they have had many opportunities to match a number of objects with a pre-written...
- Topic B marks an exciting point in Pre-K children’s math learning as they begin to explore addition of numbers to 5 through story problems. They build on the comparison work of Module 4, so that "...
- In Topic C, children shift focus to subtraction stories with numbers 1 to 5, again acting them out, using fingers, manipulating objects, drawing, and counting pictorial representations to model the...
- Topic D builds on the work of Topic B, again providing opportunities for children to solve addition story problems while taking a step forward by representing the objects in the story with fingers,...
- Topic E builds on the work of previous topics, providing opportunities for children to solve subtraction story problems with abstract representations (MP.4). As in Topic D, children decontextualize...