Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: PK.OA.1
- Operations & Algebraic Thinking
- Understand addition as adding to, and understand subtraction as taking from.
- State Standard:
- Demonstrate an understanding of addition and subtraction by using objects, fingers, and responding to practical situations (e.g., If we have 3 apples and add two more, how many apples do we have all together?).
- Topic E builds on the work of previous topics, providing opportunities for children to solve subtraction story problems with abstract representations (MP.4). As in Topic D, children decontextualize...
- Topic D builds on the work of Topic B, again providing opportunities for children to solve addition story problems while taking a step forward by representing the objects in the story with fingers,...
- In Topic C, children shift focus to subtraction stories with numbers 1 to 5, again acting them out, using fingers, manipulating objects, drawing, and counting pictorial representations to model the...
- Topic B marks an exciting point in Pre-K children’s math learning as they begin to explore addition of numbers to 5 through story problems. They build on the comparison work of Module 4, so that "...