Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.CP.2
- Conditional Probability And The Rules Of Probability
- Understand Independence And Conditional Probability And Use Them To Interpret Data
- State Standard:
- Understand that two events A and B are independent if the probability of A and B occurring together is the product of their probabilities, and use this characterization to determine if they are independent.
- Student Outcomes Students use the complement rule to calculate the probability of the complement of an event and the multiplication rule for independent events to calculate the probability of the...
- Chance experiments, sample space, and events such as unions, intersections, and complements are explained. Probabilities of unions and intersections are calculated using data in two-way tables and...
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data Students build a formal understanding of probability, considering complex events such as unions, intersections, and complements as well as the concept of...