Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
CCLS - Math: S.CP.3
- Conditional Probability And The Rules Of Probability
- Understand Independence And Conditional Probability And Use Them To Interpret Data
- State Standard:
- Understand the conditional probability of A given B as P(A and B)/P(B), and interpret independence of A and B as saying that the conditional probability of A given B is the same as the probability of A, and the conditional probability of B given A is the same as the probability of B.
- Student Outcomes Students use the complement rule to calculate the probability of the complement of an event and the multiplication rule for independent events to calculate the probability of the...
- Chance experiments, sample space, and events such as unions, intersections, and complements are explained. Probabilities of unions and intersections are calculated using data in two-way tables and...
- Inferences and Conclusions from Data Students build a formal understanding of probability, considering complex events such as unions, intersections, and complements as well as the concept of...