Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Student Outcomes Visualize cross-sections of three-dimensional objects. Have an understanding of how a 3D printer works and its relation to Cavalieri’s principle.
- Student Outcomes Students give an informal argument using Cavalieri’s principle for the volume formula of a sphere and use thevolume formula to derive a formula for the surface area of a sphere.
- Student Outcomes Students use Cavalieri’s principle and the cone cross section theorem to show that a general pyramid or cone has volume 1/3Bh where B is the area of the base and h is the height by...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that given similar solids A and B so that the ratio of their lengths is a:b, then the ratio of their volumes is a3:b3. Students understand that if a solid with...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the precise language that describes the properties of volume. Students understand that the volume of any right cylinder is given by the formula area of base×...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the definitions of a general prism and a cylinder and the distinction between a cross-section and a slice.
- Student Outcomes Students understand how the Greeks measured the distance from the earth to the moon and solve related problems.
- Student Outcomes Students understand that parallel lines cut transversals into proportional segments. They use ratios between corresponding line segments in different transversals and ratios within...
- Student Outcomes Students create scale drawings of polygonal figures by the Ratio Method. Given a figure and a scale drawing from the Ratio Method, students answer questions about the scale factor...