Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- In this topic, students first distinguish between discrete and continuous random variables and then focus on probability distributions for discrete random variables. In the early lessons of this...
- Students derive sophisticated applications of the trigonometric functions in Topic B including: the area formula for a general triangle, the law of sines, the law of cosines, and Heron’s formula. ...
- Students link their understanding of similarity and relationships within similar right triangles formally to trigonometry. In addition to the terms sine, cosine, and tangent, students study the...
- The focus in Topic D is similarity within right triangles. Students examine how an altitude drawn from the vertex of a right triangle to the hypotenuse creates two similar sub-triangles. Students...
- Students learn what it means for two figures to be similar in general, and then focus on triangles and what criteria predict that two triangles will be similar. Length relationships within and...
- Students study and prove the properties of dilations.
- Students revisit what scale drawings are and discover two systematic methods of how to create them using dilations. The comparison of the two methods yield the Triangle Side Splitter Theorem and the...