Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Grade 6 Mathematics Module 1: Ratios and Unit Rates Students begin their sixth grade year investigating the concepts of ratio and rate. They use multiple forms of ratio language and ratio notation,...
- Students' previous experience solving problems involving multiplicative comparisons, such as “Max has three times as many toy cars as Jack,” (4.OA.2) serves as the conceptual foundation for...
- With the concept of ratio equivalence formally defined, students explore collections of equivalent ratios in real world contexts in Topic B. They build ratio tables and study their additive and...
- In Topic C, students build further on their understanding of ratios and the value of a ratio as they come to understand that a ratio of 5 miles to 2 hours corresponds to a rate of 2.5 miles per hour...
- In Topic D, students are introduced to percent and find percent of a quantity as a rate per 100. Students understand that N percent of a quantity has the same value as N/100 of that quantity. ...