Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- Student Outcomes Students prove that the area of a triangle is one-half times the product of two side lengths times the sine of the included angle and solve problems using this formula. Students find...
- Student Outcomes Students find missing side lengths of an acute triangle given one side length and the measures of two angles. Students find the missing side length of an acute triangle given two...
- Student Outcomes Students understand that the Law of Sines can be used to find missing side lengths in a triangle when you know the measures of the angles and one side length. Students understand...
- This module revisits trigonometry that was introduced in Geometry and Algebra II, uniting and further expanding the ideas of right triangle trigonometry and the unit circle. New tools are introduced...
- Students derive sophisticated applications of the trigonometric functions in Topic B including: the area formula for a general triangle, the law of sines, the law of cosines, and Heron’s formula. ...
- Student Outcomes Students prove the formula Area = 1/2 bc sin(A) for a triangle. They reason geometrically and numerically to find the areas of various triangles.
- Student Outcomes Students prove the law of sines and use it to solve problems.
- Student Outcomes Students prove the law of cosines and use it to solve problems.
- Student Outcomes Students apply the law of sines or the law of cosines to determine missing measurements in real-world situations that can be modeled using non-right triangles, including situations...
- In this topic, students first distinguish between discrete and continuous random variables and then focus on probability distributions for discrete random variables. In the early lessons of this...