Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
- This module revisits trigonometry that was introduced in Geometry and Algebra II, uniting and further expanding the ideas of right triangle trigonometry and the unit circle. New tools are introduced...
- Students derive sophisticated applications of the trigonometric functions in Topic B including: the area formula for a general triangle, the law of sines, the law of cosines, and Heron’s formula. ...
- Student Outcomes Students prove the formula Area = 1/2 bc sin(A) for a triangle. They reason geometrically and numerically to find the areas of various triangles.
- Student Outcomes Students prove the law of sines and use it to solve problems.
- Student Outcomes Students prove the law of cosines and use it to solve problems.
- Student Outcomes Students apply the law of sines or the law of cosines to determine missing measurements in real-world situations that can be modeled using non-right triangles, including situations...
- In this topic, students first distinguish between discrete and continuous random variables and then focus on probability distributions for discrete random variables. In the early lessons of this...