Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- Student Outcomes Students understand the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra; that all polynomial expressions factor into linear terms in the realm of complex numbers. Consequences, in particular, for...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. Students extend polynomial identities to the complex numbers. Students note the difference...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. They recognize when the quadratic formula gives complex solutions and write them as a + bi for...
- Student Outcomes Students define a complex number in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and the imaginary unit i satisfies i 2 = −1. Students geometrically identify i as a multiplicand...
- Students extend their facility with solving polynomial equations to working with complex zeros. Complex numbers are introduced via their relationship with geometric transformations. The topic...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...