Search Within Results
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- Student Outcomes Students understand the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra; that all polynomial expressions factor into linear terms in the realm of complex numbers. Consequences, in particular, for...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. Students extend polynomial identities to the complex numbers. Students note the difference...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. They recognize when the quadratic formula gives complex solutions and write them as a + bi for...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the possibility that an equation—or a system of equations—has no real solutions. Students identify these situations and make the appropriate geometric...
- Student Outcomes Students develop facility with graphical interpretations of systems of equations and the meaning of their solutions on those graphs. For example, they can use the distance formula to...
- Student Outcomes Students solve systems of linear equations in two variables and systems of a linear and a quadratic equation in two variables. Students understand that the points at which the two...
- Student Outcomes Students solve simple radical equations and understand the possibility of extraneous solutions. They understand that care must be taken with the role of square roots so as to avoid...
- Student Outcomes Students solve rational equations, monitoring for the creation of extraneous solutions.