Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- Student Outcomes Students will compare payment strategies for a decreasing credit card balance. Students will apply the sum of a finite geometric series formula to a decreasing balance on a credit...
- Topic E is a culminating series of lessons driven by MP.4, Modeling with Mathematics. Students apply what they have learned about mathematical models and exponential growth to financial literacy...
- Student Outcomes Students apply knowledge of exponential and logarithmic functions and transformations of functions to a contextual situation.
- Student Outcomes Students create exponential functions to model real-world situations. Students use logarithms to solve equations of the form f(t) = a ∙ bct for t. Students decide which type of model...
- Student Outcomes Students gather experimental data and determine which type of function is best to model the data. Students use properties of exponents to interpret expressions for exponential...
- Topic D opens with a hands-on simulation and modeling activity in which students gather data and apply the analysis of Lesson 22 in Topic C to model it with an exponential function (A-CED.2, F-LE.5...
- Student Outcomes Students will understand that the logarithm function base b and the exponential function base b are inverse functions.
- In Topic C, students graph logarithmic functions, identifying key features (F-IF.4, F-IF.7) and discover how the logarithmic properties are evidenced in the graphs of corresponding logarithmic...
- In Topic A, students both review what they already know about exponential expressions and functions with integer exponents, and extend the meaning of an exponential expression to allow for first...
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...