Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- In this lesson, students read and analyze paragraphs 11–12 of "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton" (from "It is the wise mother that has the wise son" to "so in her elevation shall the race be...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze the second stanza of Audre Lorde’s poem "From the House of Yemanjá" (from "I bear two women upon my back" through "huge exciting anchors / in the midnight...
- In this lesson, students read and analyze the final stanzas (3–5) of Audre Lorde’s poem "From the House of Yemanjá" (from "All this has been / before / in my" through "night shall meet / and not be...
- In this lesson, students complete the End-of-Unit Assessment. Students apply the writing skills they learned throughout this module and draw upon their analysis of either Lorde’s poem "From the House...
- In the first unit of Module 11.2, students analyze two seminal texts about African Americans in post-Emancipation America. Students begin this unit by reading "Of Our Spiritual Strivings," the first...
- In this unit, students read and analyze two texts that explore issues of agency and identity for women in America. Students begin by reading "An Address by Elizabeth Cady Stanton," in which Cady...