Search Within Results
Grades: Grade 11
- Session 5 Researching to Build and Deepen Understanding January Time: 3 Hours Part A: The Research Process: Overview and Initiating Inquiry Time: 75 Minutes Description In this session, participants...
- Session 2 Understanding the Evidence-Based Claims Unit Time: 90 minutes Description Analyze the Evidence-Based Claims Unit for evidence of the instructional shifts. Examine the instructional arc and...
- Session 3 Experiencing EBC about Literary Technique Time: 150 minutes Description Experience sections of the EBC unit as both students and teachers in order to understand the process for teaching...
- Session 4 Assessing Student Learning Time: 90 minutes Description Examine the assessment tools in the Evidence-Based Claims unit, analyze sample student work to learn how to use student work to...
- Session 5 Teaching the (Actual) Standard Time: 90 mins Description Analyze standards in the EBC unit, learn about common mistakes that occur when designing instruction in order to teach a standard...
- Session 6 EBC and Beyond: Building Effective Sequences of Close-Reading Questions Time: 150 mins Description Read a short paper about close reading questions, to learn a strategy for approach close...