Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- Student Outcomes Students explore the difference of two squares identity x2 − y2 = (x − y)(x + y) in the context of finding Pythagorean triples.
- Student Outcomes Students apply polynomial identities to the detection of prime numbers.
- Student Outcomes Students perform arithmetic by using polynomial identities to describe numerical relationships.
- Student Outcomes Students work with polynomials with constant coefficients to prove polynomial identities.
- Student Outcomes Students perform arithmetic operations on polynomials and write them in standard form. Students understand the structure of polynomial expressions by quickly determining the first...
- Student Outcomes Students connect long division of polynomials with the long division algorithm of arithmetic and use this algorithm to rewrite rational expressions that divide without a remainder.
- Student Outcomes Students develop a division algorithm for polynomials by recognizing that division is the inverse operation of multiplication.
- Student Outcomes Students develop the distributive property for application to polynomial multiplication. Students connect multiplication of polynomials with multiplication of multi-digit integers.
- The focus in this topic is on polynomial arithmetic and how it is analogous to operations with integers. The module opens with a lively lesson that engages students in writing polynomial expressions...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...