Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- At the beginning of Topic B, students apply the properties of exponents to solve exponential equations numerically (F-BF.1a) as a way to motivate the need for logarithms, which are first introduced...
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions In this module, students synthesize and generalize what they have learned about a variety of function families. They extend the domain of exponential functions...
- Student Outcomes Students understand the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra; that all polynomial expressions factor into linear terms in the realm of complex numbers. Consequences, in particular, for...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. Students extend polynomial identities to the complex numbers. Students note the difference...
- Student Outcomes Students solve quadratic equations with real coefficients that have complex solutions. They recognize when the quadratic formula gives complex solutions and write them as a + bi for...
- Students extend their facility with solving polynomial equations to working with complex zeros. Complex numbers are introduced via their relationship with geometric transformations. The topic...
- Student Outcomes Students model a cross-section of a riverbed with a polynomial function and estimate fluid flow with their algebraic model.
- Student Outcomes Students learn to fit polynomial functions to data values.
- This topic focuses on factoring polynomials and the advantages of factored form of a polynomial to both solve equations and sketch graphs of polynomial functions. Students solve problems involving...
- Algebra II Module 1: Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships Students connect polynomial arithmetic to computations with whole numbers and integers. Students learn that the arithmetic of...