Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Grades: Grade 11
- Student Outcomes Students solve simple exponential equations numerically.
- Student Outcomes Students apply properties of logarithms to solve exponential equations. Students relate solutions to f(x) = g(x) to the intersection point(s) on the graphs of y = f(x) and y = g(x)...
- Student Outcomes Students develop a general growth/decay rate formula in the context of compound interest. Students compute future values of investments with continually compounding interest rates.
- Student Outcomes Students create exponential functions to model real-world situations. Students use logarithms to solve equations of the form f(t) = a ∙ bct for t. Students decide which type of model...
- Student Outcomes Students derive the sum of a finite geometric series formula. Students apply the sum of a finite geometric series formula to a structured savings plan.
- Student Outcomes Students use the sum of a finite geometric series formula to develop a formula to calculate a payment plan for a car loan and use that calculation to derive the present value of an...
- Student Outcomes Students will compare payment strategies for a decreasing credit card balance. Students will apply the sum of a finite geometric series formula to a decreasing balance on a credit...
- Student Outcomes Students model the scenario of buying a house. Students recognize that a mortgage is mathematically equivalent to car loans studied in Lesson 30 and apply the present value of...
- Student Outcomes Students use geometric series to calculate how much money should be saved each month to have 1 million in assets within a specified amount of time.