Search Within Results
Common Core: Standard
Common Core: ELA
Common Core: Math
Resource Type: Module Topic
- In this topic, students extend their understanding of probability, building on work from Grade 11. The multiplication rule for independent events introduced in Grade 11 is generalized to a rule that...
- Topic A helps students recall how to use special triangles positioned within the unit circle to determine geometrically the values of sine, cosine, and tangent at special angles. The unit circle is...
- The module concludes with Topic E focusing on the properties of quadrilaterals inscribed in circles and establishing Ptolemy's theorem. This result codifies the Pythagorean theorem, curious facts...
- In Topic C, students explore geometric relations in diagrams of two secant lines, or a secant and tangent line (possibly even two tangent lines), meeting a point inside or outside of a circle. They...
- Topic B defines the measure of an arc and establishes results relating chord lengths and the measures of the arcs they subtend. Students build on their knowledge of circles from Module 2 and prove...
- Topic A leads students first to Thales' theorem (an angle drawn from a diameter of a circle to a point on the circle is sure to be a right angle), then to possible converses of Thales' theorem, and...