Exploration of Models in A Story of Units
Examine and practice use of models as they appear in A Story of Units.
- Numbers Through 10 (Number Towers, Number Path, Number Bond)
- Place Value (Number Disks with Place Value Charts)
- Fractions (Number Line and Area Model)
- Addition and Subtraction (with Ten-Frames)
- Multiplication (with Array/Area Models and the Rekenrek)
- Word Problems (with Tape Diagrams)
Understand the intentional coherence within and across grades in order to promote conceptual understanding.